8 oz (225 g) potatoes, cooked
2 cups (225 g) plain flour (All purpose), sieved
2 tsp salt
Warm water to bind
Sufficient oil for deep-frying
1. Mash the cooked potatoes or rub through a sieve.
2. Knead for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Knead the flour and salt into the potatoes, and gradually add sufficient warm water to make a stiff pastry. Knead again, then
4. Divide the mixture into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a circular shape, but not too thin.
5. Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry each potato circle separately, spooning the oil over the top to make them rise and cook to a golden brown.
6. Drain and serve hot or cold.