150 g (5 1/2 oz) curly kale
1 tsp sesame seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp peeled and finely sliced root ginger
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice
50 g (1 3/4 oz) spring onion, finely sliced
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1. Remove all the thick stems from the curly kale. Bring a large, lidded saucepan of water to the boil. Add the kale, cover and cook for 6 - 7 minutes, or until tender. Drain in a colander and keep warm.
2. Heat a small saucepan over a high heat, add the sesame seeds and cook, tossing the pan, until golden brown.
3. Add the sugar, ginger, water and lemon juice. Cook until reduced by half, then add the spring onion and oil and simmer for
4. In a large bowl, toss the kale with the sesame seed sauce so that the leaves are well coated.
5. Serve on warmed plates with a few extra sesame seeds sprinkled over the top.
¢â‚¬Â¢ This recipe can also be used with other green leaves, broccoli and French beans. Just blanch and toss in the sesame sauce.