1. Peel the pineapple and remove the woody core. Cut the pineapple into equal chunks. Peel, halve and core the mango and cut it into slices.
2. Peel and thinly slice the kiwi fruit. Halve the melon, remove the seeds and cut out the flesh with a ball cutter.
3. Arrange the fruit salad in a glass dish. Mix the grenadine syrup with the liqueur and lemon juice and fold into the fruit.
4. Leave the fruit salad to stand in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Slit the vanilla pod with a sharp knife and scrape out the pith. Whip the cream with the vanilla until semi-stiff, sweeten with the icing sugar and whip for a few minutes more.
5. Top the fruit salad with the cream and vanilla mixture.