1. Trim, wash and chop the spring onions. Finely chop the garlic. Scrape, wash and chop the carrots. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the spring onion and garlic.
2. Add the carrots and fry for a few minutes, then add the stock. Cover the pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Bring the water to the boil with a generous sprinkling of salt, add the spaghetti, stir and boil for 12 - 13 minutes in an open pan. Drain the spaghetti.
4. Wipe and slice the mushrooms. Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds, then chop. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the vegetable sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
5. To serve, pour the sauce over the spaghetti and sprinkle with parsley.