1. Cut the lamb into 3 cm (1 1/2 in) cubes. Cut the onions into wedges.
2. Crush the rosemary in a mortar and coat the onions in the rosemary.
3. Cut the bacon into fairly large pieces and dip them in the pepper.
4. Finely chop the garlic and crush it with salt.
5. Divide the lamb, onions and bacon between 4 kebab skewers.
6. Put the oil in a bowl and stir in the garlic salt.
7. Brush the kebabs with the mixture, cover and leave them to marinate for 3 hours.
8. Thoroughly heat a cast-iron grill pan. Seal the kebabs under a strong heat, then cook them under a lower heat for 10 - 15 minutes, turning frequently.
Serve with: curried rice and a salad of red and green peppers.