Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 1 1/4 hours.
Oven temperature: 180°C, 350°F, gas 4.
Calories: 284 per portion
4 pork chops
1 x 400 g (14 oz) can apricot halves in natural juice
1 x 225 g (8 oz) can pineapple rings in natural juice
8 prunes, stoned and chopped
5 tablespoons chicken stock
150 ml (1/4 pint) natural low-fat yogurt
salt and pepper
1. Put the chops in a frying pan and brown on both sides. Remove the chops from the pan, drain, then arrange in a flameproof casserole.
2. Drain the apricot halves and pineapple rings, reserving the juice. Place the fruit, with the prunes, on top of the chops to cover them.
3. Mix the stock with 5 tablespoons each of the apricot and pineapple juices. Pour into the casserole. Cover tightly and cook in the oven for about 1 hour or until the chops are tender.
4. Transfer the chops to a warmed serving dish, being careful not to dislodge the fruit on top. Keep hot.
Boil the liquid in the casserole until reduced to about 150 ml (1/4 pint).
5. Skim off any fat, then stir in the yogurt with salt and pepper to taste. Heat through gently and serve this sauce with the pork.
Ideally, let the reduced liquid go cold before skimming off the fat as it is much easier to do then. Alternatively, use absorbent kitchen paper to mop it up.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!