2 kiwi fruit, peeled and halved
4 rambutan or lychees, peeled, halved and stoned
2 passion fruit, the flesh scooped out
8 Cape gooseberries (physalis), papery leaves removed and fruit halved
85 g (3 oz), peeled weight, mango, cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) cubes
1 sharon fruit, cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) slices
85 g (3 oz) fresh raspberries
2 vanilla pods, split in half lengthways
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
4 star anise
4 fresh bay leaves
4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 . Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Cut four 40 x 40-cm (16 x 16-inch) squares of baking paper and four foil squares of the same size. Put each baking paper square on top of a foil square and fold diagonally in half to form a triangle. Open up.
3. Divide the fruits into 4 and arrange each portion in the centre of each opened square -remember that you will be serving the fruit in the envelopes, so arrange the fruit neatly.
4. Add a vanilla pod half, a cinnamon stick half, a star anise, a bay leaf and 1tbsp orange juice to each triangle.
5. Close each triangle over the mixture, fold in the corners and crumple the edges together to form airtight triangular bags.
6. Transfer the bags to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes, or until they puff up with steam.
7. To serve, put each bag on a serving plate and snip open at the table so that you can enjoy all the wonderful aromas as they are opened.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!