2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
125 g (4 1/2 oz) firm tofu (bean curd), cut into chunks
125 g (4 1/2 oz) cellophane noodles
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 shallots, sliced finely
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
2 celery sticks, sliced finely
2 carrots, sliced finely
125 g (4 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup cooked, peeled (small) shrimps
60 g (2 oz) 1 cup bean sprouts
1. Mix together the light soy sauce, lime or lemon juice and fish sauce in a small bowl. Add the tofu (bean curd) cubes and toss them until coated in the mixture. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Put the noodles into a large bowl and cover with warm water. Leave them to soak for about 5 minutes, and then drain them well.
3. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan (skillet). Add the shallots, garlic and red chilli, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Add the sliced celery and carrots to the wok or pan and stir-fry for a further 2 - 3 minutes.
5. Tip the drained noodles into the wok or frying pan (skillet) and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then add the (small) shrimps, bean sprouts and tofu (bean curd), with the soy sauce mixture. Cook over a medium high heat for 2 - 3 minutes until heated through.
6. Transfer the mixture in the wok to a serving dish and garnish with celery leaves and chillies.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!