1 3/4 cup (200 g) wholewheat flour
Pinch each salt, curry powder, white pepper and paprika
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 stick + 1 tbsp (3 1/2 oz) 100 g butter
1 tbsp (1/2 oz) butter
200 g (7 oz) turkey liver
Pinch black pepper
3 tbsp single/light) cream
1/2 tsp each freshly chopped thyme and marjoram
2 tsp freshly chopped parsley Pinch sea salt
Butter for greasing baking sheet
1. Combine flour with salt, curry powder, pepper, paprika and baking powder, then make a well in centre and break egg into it. Put butter in dabs around edge and gradually knead all ingredients together.
2. Roll dough into a sausage shape 15 cm (1/2 in) long and 5 cm (2 in) thick.
3. Peel and finely chop onion, then saute in butter until light brown.
4. Remove all fat and membrane from liver, wash and dry and cut in 2 cm (3/4 in) pieces. Add to onions in pan and continue to fry, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring well. Then cool, season with pepper and liquidise to a puree together with pan juices, cream, thyme and marjoram.
5. Stir in chopped parsley and season to taste with salt.
6. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6.
7. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
8. Cut dough sausage into 1/2 cm (1/4 in) thick slices and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
9. Bake for 10 minutes in oven.
10. Cool crackers on wire stand before spreading each with a thick layer of pate and garnishing according to taste.
52 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!