2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
200 g (7 oz) arborio (risotto) rice
700 ml (1 1/4 pints) scant 3 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
125 ml (4 fl oz) scant 1/2 cup white wine
50 g (1 3/4 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
100 g (3 1/2 oz) frozen peas, defrosted
80 g (3 oz) rocket (arugula)
2 tomatoes, diced
4 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp fresh marjoram, chopped
50 g (1 3/4 oz) breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
1. Lightly grease and then line the base of a 23 cm/9 inch deep cake tin (pan).
2. Using a sharp knife, roughly chop the rocket (arugula).
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet). Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until softened.
4. Add the rice to the mixture in the frying pan (skillet), mix well to
combine, then begin adding the stock a ladleful at a time. Wait until all of the stock has been absorbed before adding another ladleful of liquid.
5. Continue to cook the mixture, adding the wine, until the rice is tender. This will take at least 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, peas, rocket (arugula), tomatoes, eggs and 2 tablespoons of the marjoram. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Spoon the risotto into the tin (pan) and level the surface by pressing down with the back of a wooden spoon.
8. Top with the breadcrumbs and the remaining marjoram.
9. Bake in a preheated oven, at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!