200 g (7 oz) 7/8 cup butter
4 x 250 g (9 oz) veal cutlets, trimmed
1 large onion, sliced
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
175 g (6 oz) button mushrooms
1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
8 black peppercorns
1 tbsp sesame seeds
400 g (14 oz) dried marille
100 ml (3 1/2 fl oz) scant 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
175 g (6 oz) 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese, broken into small pieces
2 large beef tomatoes, cut in half
leaves of 1 fresh basil sprig
salt and pepper
fresh basil leaves, to garnish
1. Melt 60 g (2 oz) 4 tbsp of the butter in a frying pan (skillet). Fry the veal over a low heat for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a dish and keep warm.
2. Fry the onion and apples in the pan until lightly browned. Transfer to a dish, place the veal on top and keep warm.
3. Melt the remaining butter in the frying pan (skillet). Gently fry the mushrooms, tarragon and peppercorns over a low heat for 3 minutes. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
4. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and 1 tbsp of oil. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until tender, but still firm to the bite. Drain; transfer to a plate.
5. Grill (broil) or fry the tomatoes and basil for 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Top the pasta with the mascarpone cheese and sprinkle over the remaining olive oil. Place the onions, apples and veal cutlets on top of the pasta. Spoon the mushrooms, peppercorns and pan juices on to the cutlets, place the tomatoes and basil leaves around the edge and place in a preheated oven at 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2 for 5 minutes.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!