350 g (12 oz) raw tiger prawns (jumbo shrimp), peeled leaving tails intact
350 g (12 oz) scallops, cleaned, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
1 bunch spring onions (scallions), sliced into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces
1 medium red (bell) pepper, deseeded and cubed
100 g (3 1/2 oz) baby corn cobs, trimmed and sliced into 1 cm (1/2 inch) pieces
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced, to garnish
4 tbsp dark soy sauce
4 tbsp dry sherry
2 tsp clear honey
2.5 cm (1 inch) piece root (fresh) ginger, peeled and grated
1 spring onion (scallion), trimmed and sliced very finely
1. Divide the prawns (shrimp), scallops, spring onions (scallions), (bell) pepper and baby corn into 12 portions and thread on to the skewers (soaked for 10 minutes
in water to prevent them from burning). Cover the ends with foil so that they do not burn and place in a shallow dish.
2. Mix the soy sauce, chilli powder and ground ginger and coat the kebabs. Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
3. Preheat the grill (broiler) to hot. Arrange the kebabs on the rack, brush with oil and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each
side until the prawns (shrimp) turn pink, the scallops become opaque and the vegetables soften.
4. Mix together the dip ingredients.
5. Remove the foil and transfer the kebabs to a warm serving platter. Garnish with sliced chilli and serve with the dip.