Byron Potatoes is a relatively simple French potato recipe with Parmesan cheese and double cream.
6 large potatoes, scrubbed
salt and good grinding of black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup (75 g) butter
110 g (4 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt double cream, (heavy cream) whipped
1. Boil the potatoes in their jackets until just tender.
2. Peel and roughly break up with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
3. Mould into round cakes.
4. Heat the oil and butter in a deep frying pan.
5. When the fat froths, add the potatoes cakes and cook until golden brown.
6. Put them into a casserole dish and sprinkle over the cheese, cover with cream.
7. Bake in the oven at 220°C (425°F) gas mark 7 for about 15 minutes until nicely browned and glazed on the top.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!