250 g (9 oz) 1 2/3 cups long grain rice
750 ml (1 1/4 pt) 3 cups water
1 tsp salt
500 g (18 oz) turkey livers
2 red peppers
2 tbsp clarified butter
125 ml (4 fl oz) 1/2 cup vegetable stock
4 tbsp white wine
Pinch each salt and white pepper
4 tbsp soured cream or yogurt
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Wash rice in sieve under running water until it runs clear. Bring water and salt to the boil, add rice, cover, turn heat low and leave to absorb liquid for about 20 minutes.
2. Wash and dry turkey livers, then cut into 2 cm (3/4 in) cubes.
3. Peel and finely chop onions. Halve red peppers, remove stems, ribs and seeds before rinsing and chopping into fairly small pieces.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of the clarified butter in a heavy-bottomed pan, fry turkey livers for 4 minutes, then remove from pan and keep warm.
5. Put remaining clarified butter in pan with chopped onion and fry until transparent. Add chopped peppers and fry for 10 minutes longer.
6. Pour in vegetable stock, cover and steam for 10 minutes.
7. Mix in rice, white wine and cooked liver.
8. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in soured cream or yogurt and parsley.