Remember, Pastry is only as good as the flour you use. Don't buy cheap flour.
makes sufficient for a 20.5cm (8 in) dish.
1/2 cup (60 g) plain flour (All purpose)
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt water
1 pinch of salt
2 medium eggs, beaten
150 g (5 oz) potatoes, cooked and sieved
1. Pass the flour twice through a fine sieve.
2. Melt the butter in the water over a low heat and when melted, bring to a fast boil.
3. Remove from heat and, all at one time, add the flour and the salt, beating continuously until the mixture is smooth and leaves the sides of the pan to form a soft ball.
4. Still beating, add the eggs a little at a time alternately with the sieved potato, (an electric hand mixer is excellent for this job).
5. The finished pastry should be firm but soft.
21 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!