Bread Dough Base
Special Tomato Sauce
60 g (2 oz) blue cheese, sliced
125 g (4 oz) artichoke hearts in oil, sliced
1/2 small red onion, chopped
45 g (1 1/2 oz) mature (sharp) cheese, grated
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
oil from artichokes for drizzling
salt and pepper
cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Roll out or press the dough, using a rolling pin or your hands, into a 25 cm (10 inch) circle on a lightly floured work surface. Place the base on a large greased baking sheet (cookie sheet) or pizza pan and push up the edge slightly. Cover and leave to rise for 10 minutes in a warm place.
2. Spread with the tomato sauce almost to the edge. Arrange the blue cheese on the tomato sauce, followed by the artichoke hearts and red onion.
3. Mix the Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses together with the thyme and sprinkle the mixture over the pizza. Drizzle a little of the oil from the jar of artichokes over the pizza and season to taste.
4. Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 18 - 20 minutes, or until the edge is crisp and golden and the cheese is bubbling.
5. Serve immediately with fresh salad leaves and cherry tomato halves.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!