If any steam gets into the chocolate while you are melting it, it may turn into a solid mass. If this should happen, stir in about 5 ml (1 tsp) butter or margarine for each 25 g (1 oz) of chocolate.
175 g (6 oz) milk chocolate
120 ml (4 fl oz) 1/2 cup single cream
750 ml (l 1/4 pints) 3 cups hot black coffee
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
whipped cream or ice, to serve
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the chocolate into small pieces to enable it to melt quickly and evenly.
2. Put the chocolate into a double saucepan or a bowl set over a saucepan of almost simmering water. The base of the bowl should not touch the water.
3. Add the single cream to the chocolate melting in the bowl, then stir well to mix.
4. Continue to heat gently until the chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl from the heat.
5. Add the coffee and cinnamon to the chocolate and whisk until foamy. Divide between four serving glasses, then either serve hot with a spoonful of cream, or cool and chill, and serve over ice.
33 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!