700 g (1 1/2 lb) rump or fillet steak, cut into thin strips
2 tbsp seasoned flour
25 g (1 oz) butter
1 tbsp vegetable oil
175 g (6 oz) button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
1 tsp paprika
225 g (8 oz) can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped parsley
200 ml (7 fl oz) soured cream
1. Cut steak into thin strips about 2.5 cm (1 in) long. Coat with seasoned flour.
2. Heat butter and oil in a frying pan, add steak and onion and fry for 3 - 4 mins, until meat is browned on all sides.
3. Add mushrooms and fry for 2 - 3 mins. Stir in paprika and salt and fry for 1 min.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and the parsley. Cook for 4 - 5 mins.
5. Lower heat, add soured cream and heat through. Serve.
Don't overheat once you have added the soured cream, or the sauce will curdle.
11 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!