8 lamb cutlets
5 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
8 sprigs rosemary
jacket potatoes, to serve
4 tomatoes, sliced
4 spring onions (scallion), sliced diagonally
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped finely
1. Trim the lamb chops by cutting away the flesh with a sharp knife to expose the tips of the bones.
2. Place the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon pepper and salt in a shallow, non-metallic dish and whisk with a fork to combine.
3. Lay the sprigs of rosemary in the dish and place the lamb on top. Leave to
marinate for at least 1 hour, turning the lamb cutlets once.
4. Remove the chops from the marinade and wrap a little kitchen foil around the bones to stop them from burning.
5. Place the rosemary sprigs on the rack and place the lamb on top. Barbecue (grill) for 10 - 15 minutes, turning once.
6. Meanwhile make the salad and dressing. Arrange the tomatoes on a serving dish and scatter the spring onions (scallions) on top. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a screw-top jar, shake well and pour over the salad. Serve with the lamb cutlets and jacket potatoes.
Choose medium to small baking potatoes if you want to cook jacket potatoes on the barbecue (grill). Scrub them well, prick with a fork and wrap in buttered kitchen foil. Bury them in the hot coals and barbecue (grill) for 50-60 minutes.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!