225 g (8 oz) 1 cup thick natural (unsweetened) yogurt
1 tbsp chopped mint
salt and pepper
4 pitta (pocket) breads
2 garlic cloves, crushed
125 g( 4 1/2 oz) 1 cup pitted black olives
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. To make the tzatziki, peel the cucumber and chop roughly. Sprinkle it with salt and leave to stand for 15 - 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
2. Mix the cucumber, yogurt and mint together. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and chill for 20-30 minutes.
3. To make the black olive dip, put the crushed garlic and olives into a blender or food processor and process for 15 - 20 seconds. Alternatively, chop them very finely.
4. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and 1 parsley to the blender or food processor and process for a few more seconds. Alternatively, mix with the chopped garlic and olives and mash together. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Wrap the pitta (pocket) breads in foil and place over a barbecue for 2 - 3 minutes, turning once to warm through. Alternatively, heat in the oven or under the grill (broiler). Cut into pieces and serve with the tzatziki and black olive dip, garnished with sprigs of fresh mint and parsley.