8 skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp wholemeal (whole wheat) flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, sliced thinly
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 each large red, yellow and green (bell) peppers, sliced thinly
400 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped oregano
salt and pepper fresh oregano, to garnish
crusty wholemeal (whole wheat) bread, to serve
1. Remove the skin from the chicken thighs and toss in the flour.
2. Heat the oil in a wide frying pan (skillet) and fry the chicken quickly until sealed and lightly browned, then remove from the pan.
3. Add the onion to the pan and gently fry until soft. Add the garlic, (bell) peppers, tomatoes and oregano, then bring to the boil, stirring.
4. Arrange the chicken over the vegetables, season well with salt and
pepper, then cover the pan tightly and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked and tender.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with oregano and serve with crusty wholemeal (whole wheat) bread.
For extra flavour, halve the (bell) peppers and grill (broil) under a preheated grill (broiler) until the skins are charred. Leave to cool then remove the skins and seeds. Slice the (bell) peppers thinly and use in the recipe.
14 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!