250 g (9 oz) packet egg noodles
450 g (1 lb) skinless cod fillet
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 orange (bell) pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 green (bell) pepper, deseeded and sliced
100 g (3 1/2 oz) baby corn cobs, halved
1 mango, sliced
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 1 cup bean sprouts
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp medium sherry
1 tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
1. Place the egg noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for about 10 minutes.
2. Rinse the cod fillet and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper (paper towels). Cut the cod flesh into thin strips.
3. Place the cod strips in a large bowl. Add the paprika and toss well to coat the fish.
4. Heat the sunflower oil in a large, preheated wok.
5. Add the onion, (bell) peppers and baby corn cobs to the wok and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the cod to the wok together with the sliced mango and stir-fry for a further 2 - 3 minutes or until the fish is tender.
7. Add the bean sprouts to the wok and toss well to combine.
8. Mix together the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, sherry and cornflour (cornstarch). Add the mixture to the wok and cook, stirring occasionally, until the juices thicken.
9. Drain the noodles thoroughly and transfer to warm serving bowls. Transfer the cod and mango stir-fry to separate serving bowls and serve the dish immediately.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!