1. Place the egg noodles in a large bowl or dish. Pour enough boiling water over the noodles to cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, remove the skin from the chicken thighs. Cut the chicken flesh into small pieces, using a sharp knife.
3. Heat the groundnut oil in a large preheated wok or frying pan (skillet), swirling the oil around the base of the wok until it is really hot.
4. Add the pieces of chicken and the carrot slices to the wok and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
5. Drain the noodles thoroughly. Add the noodles to the wok and stir-fry for a
further 2 - 3 minutes or until the noodles are heated through.
6. Beat together the oyster sauce, eggs and 3 tablespoons of cold water. Drizzle the mixture over the noodles and stir-fry for a further 2 - 3 minutes or until the eggs set.
7. Transfer the mixture in the wok to warm serving bowls and serve hot..
Flavour the eggs with soy sauce or hoisin sauce as an alternative to the oyster sauce, if you prefer.