450 g (1 lb) pork fillet
50 g (1 3/4 oz) chopped almonds
2 tbsp olive oil
100 g (3 1/2 oz) raw Parma ham (prosciutto), finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
finely grated rind of 2 lemons
4 shallots, finely chopped
200 ml (7 fl oz) 3/4 cup ham or chicken stock
1 tsp sugar
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the pork fillet into 4 equal pieces. Place the pork between sheets of greaseproof paper and pound each piece with a meat mallet or the end of a rolling pin to flatten it.
2. Cut a horizontal slit in each piece of pork to make a pocket.
3. Place the almonds on a baking tray (cookie sheet). Lightly toast the almonds under a medium-hot grill (broiler) for 2 - 3 minutes or until golden.
4. Mix the almonds with 1 tbsp oil, ham (prosciutto), garlic, oregano and the finely grated rind from 1 lemon. Spoon the mixture into the pockets of the pork.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan (skillet). Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the pork to the frying pan (skillet) and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned all over.
7. Add the ham or chicken stock to the pan, bring to the boil, cover and leave
to simmer for 45 minutes or until the pork is tender. Remove the meat from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
8. Add the lemon rind and sugar to the pan, boil for 3-4 minutes or until reduced and syrupy. Pour the lemon sauce over the pork fillets and serve immediately.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!