Seal the container with a lid, label and freeze. Store for up to 1 month. To serve: remove lid and turn on to a plate. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
250 g (9 oz) Continental liver sausage
65 g (2 1/2 oz) butter, softened
25 g (1 oz) blanched almonds, finely chopped
a few black peppercorns, finely crushed
1 teaspoon medium sherry
100 g (4 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
2 teaspoons snipped chives
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
250 g (9 oz) full-fat soft cheese
2 teaspoons tomato puree
good pinch of sweet paprika
1. Line the base of a freezerproof rigid container, approximately 10 cm (4 inches) square and 7.5 cm (3 inches) deep, with foil or greaseproof paper.
2. Using 15 g (1/2 oz) of the butter, thoroughly grease the base and sides of the container, then coat with the chopped almonds.
3. Mix together the liver sausage, black peppercorns, sherry and salt to taste. Spoon this mixture into the prepared container and press down firmly.
Smooth the surface with a wet palette knife.
4. In a bowl, beat together the remaining butter, the Cheddar cheese, chives, parsley and salt to taste. Spread this mixture over the liver sausage.
5. Beat the soft cheese in a separate bowl with the tomato puree, paprika and salt to taste. Spoon into the container and spread evenly on top of the Cheddar cheese mixture.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours.
7. To serve: carefully run a knife around the sides of the container, then invert a serving plate on top. Invert the container on to the plate, remove the container and foil and slice the pate. Serve chilled.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!