Pork fillet or tenderloin is an expensive cut, but there is so little fat on it that it is not so uneconomical as it may seem at first. Each tenderloin weighs about 350 g (12 oz).
3 pork fillets (tenderloins), total weight about 1.25 kg (2 1/2 lb), trimmed and halved lengthways
8 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 large onion, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. First make the marinade: put the oil into a large bowl with the curry powder, tomato puree, onion and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
2. Cut each tenderloin half into bite-sized pieces.
3. Put the meat into the marinade and stir well to make sure each piece is well coated. Cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for at least 3 hours.
4. Thread the pork pieces on to 12 oiled skewers, reserving any marinade left in the bowl.
5. To cook: place the skewers on the oiled grid and barbecue for about 10 minutes until cooked through, turning several times and brushing occasionally with any reserved marinade during cooking.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!