1 small honeydew melon
1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint, or teaspoon dried mint
2 - 3 teaspoons caster sugar
6 mint sprigs or matchstick strips of blanched orange zest, to garnish
1. Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the flesh into balls with a melon bailer and put into a bowl, together with the melon juice.
2. Squeeze the juice from half an orange and add to the melon balls. Peel the remaining half orange and the 2 whole oranges over a bowl to catch the juices. Use a fine serrated knife and a sawing action so that the rind is removed together with the pith. Segment the oranges and discard the pips and membranes from between the segments.
3. Add the orange segments and juice to the melon with the mint. Sweeten to taste with caster sugar and mix lightly together.
4. Divide the melon and orange mixture between 6 individual glass dishes and garnish each portion with a sprig of mint.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour before serving.
46 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!