Do not pick rose petals that have been sprayed with chemicals. Use unblemished petals and wash them carefully but gently before frosting. Hold each at base with a pair of tweezers and quickly dip in very cold water, gently pat dry with absorbent paper
large pink rose petals
2 egg whites
100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
32 green seedless grapes, separated into small bunches
16 whole fresh strawberries, stalks still attached
1. Lightly beat the egg whites in a bowl and spread the caster sugar on to a flat plate.
2. Frost the rose petals: holding each by tweezers, dip first into the egg white, then sprinkle with the sugar, to coat both sides thoroughly. Spread out in a single layer on a plate, and leave to dry overnight.
3. Frost the green grapes: holding each fruit by its stalk, dip first into lightly beaten egg white, then roll in the sugar. Place on a large flat plate, making sure they do not touch each other, and leave to dry overnight.
4. Two hours before serving, repeat process with the strawberries.
5. To serve: pile the strawberries and grapes carefully into a pyramid on a flat dish, then arrange the rose petals on top.
21 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!