2 large sole or plaice, cut into 4 fillets
180 g (6 oz) peeled prawns, chopped
2 tsps cornflour
1 tsp dry sherry
4 spring onions, green only, chopped
2 eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt
1. Skin the fish fillets carefully and lay them 'skin' side up on a flat surface.
2. Mix the prawns with the cornflour, sherry and onions. Divide this mixture equally between the plaice fillets.
3. Cook the eggs in a wok or frying pan, until they are softly scrambled. Spread equal quantities of this over the prawn mixture.
4. Roll up the fish fillets swiss roll fashion, folding the thicker end over first. Secure with wooden cocktail sticks.
5. Put the fish rolls in the top of a steamer or fish kettle and fill the bottom with boiling water. Steam for 10 - 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked. Remove the cocktail sticks and serve immediately
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!