2 smoked or kippered fish fillets
15 g (1/2 oz) butter or margarine
15 g (1/2 oz) plain flour
6 tbsps cream cheese
6 tbsps milk
6 - 8 pimento-stuffed olives, sliced
2 tsps Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
120 g (4 oz) butter for clarifying
Pimento-stuffed olives and black peppercorns to garnish
1. Skin the fish fillets and break up into small pieces. Melt butter for 1 minute on HIGH.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes on HIGH. Blend in the cheese, milk, half the olives, mustard and seasoning.
3. Add fish and mix until well blended. Put into four ramekins and smooth the tops of each.
4. Cover individually with cling film and cook for 1 minute on HIGH to set the mixture.
5. Put butter into a medium bowl and heat for 3 - 4 minutes on HIGH, or until boiling". Leave to stand for 10 - 15 minutes.
6. Skim the salt off the top and spoon the butter oil carefully over each pot offish. Fill nearly to the top, and leave until almost set.
7. Place the remaining olives and peppercorns on top of the butter. Chill until set, then cover the decoration with another thin layer of clarified butter and refrigerate again.