120 g (4 oz) chopped asparagus, fresh or frozen
2 tbsps water
4 eggs, separated
6 tbsps milk
1 tsp flour
Salt and pepper
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
45 g (1 1/2 oz) grated cheese
1. Put the asparagus and water into a large casserole. Cover and cook for 5 - 6 minutes on HIGH. Leave to stand while preparing the omelette.
2. Beat the egg yolks, milk, flour and salt and pepper together. Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the egg yolks.
3. Melt the butter in a 23cm/9 inch glass pie dish for 30 seconds on HIGH. Pour the omelette mixture into the dish and cook on MEDIUM for 7 minutes or until softly set.
4. Lift the edges of the omelette as it cooks to allow the uncooked mixture to spread evenly
5. Sprinkle with the cheese and spread on the drained asparagus and the chopped tomato. Fold over and cook for 1 minute on LOW to melt the cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!