30 g (1 oz) dried mushrooms
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
120 ml (4 fl oz) tomato juice
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 1/2 tsps dried basil
850 ml (l 1/2 pints) hot water or vegetable stock
225 g (8 oz) wholemeal macaroni or wholemeal pasta
120 ml (4 fl oz) low fat natural yoghurt
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Rinse the mushrooms well to remove any grit, then pour boiling water over and leave them to soak while you prepare the sauce.
2. Cook the onion and garlic in the oil for 2 minutes on HIGH.
3. Stir in the tomato juice and herbs, then mix in the water or stock.
4. Drain the mushrooms, remove stalks, slice the caps and add to the liquid, then stir in the uncooked macaroni. Partially cover and microwave for 10 minutes.
5. Stir occasionally during the cooking time to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
6. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, covered, to finish cooking. The pasta should be al dente. Just before serving, season to taste and stir in the low fat natural yoghurt.