350 g (12 oz) shortcrust pastry, defrosted if frozen
milk and caster sugar, for glazing
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
175 g (6 oz) caster sugar
750 g (1 1/2 lb) ripe plums, halved and stoned
pouring cream or custard, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas 5.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out just under half of the pastry and use to line a 20 cm (8 inch) pie dish.
3. Place the cornflour, cinnamon
and sugar in a strong, large polythene bag, then add the plums and shake well until the fruit is coated with the sugar mixture.
4. Turn the plum and sugar mixture into the pastry-lined plate, mounding it slightly in the centre. Brush the pastry edges with water.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the remaining pastry to a 24 cm (9 1/2 inch) circle and use to cover the pie. Brush the pastry lid with milk, then sprinkle with caster sugar. Pierce the top with a skewer or fork to make a steam vent.
6 Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Serve hot or warm.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!