225 g (8 oz) shortcrust pastry
25 g (1 oz) butter
1 small onion, chopped
225 g (8 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
75 g (3 oz) Danish Blue cheese, crumbled
4 eggs, size 2
410 g can Evaporated Milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6.
2. Roll out the pastry and line a 23 cm (9 inch) round, deep flan tin. Chill for 20 minutes, then bake blind for 15 minutes.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and fry until softened. Stir in the spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes. Spread the spinach mixture over the base of the pastry case. Scatter over the crumbled Danish Blue cheese.
4. In a bowl beat together the eggs and the Carnation Milk. Season well. Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and cheese.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden. Serve warm or cold.
22 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!