This is another Israeli favorite for festive occasions and Friday nights.
meat, kosher for Passover
2 1/2 to 3 pound chicken
2 teaspoons salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cut the lemon in half and rub one half over the chicken. Then squeeze the juice into a bowl, as well as the juice from one of the oranges.
3. Put the chicken in a roasting pan. Mix the salt, garlic, and spices together in a small bowl, then sprinkle them over the chicken inside and out.
4. Stuff chicken with the remaining orange. Pour the lemon and orange juices into the pan around chicken and add water.
5. Cut the onions in half and add them to the pan.
6. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes, then baste with pan juices and lower the heat to 350°F. Roast for 1 hour, basting after 30 minutes.
7. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes, then transfer to serving dish.
8. Cut the whole orange and the halved onions into pieces and serve with the chicken.
9. This is delicious with rice or pasta.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!