8 chicken pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
300 g (10 1/2 oz) passata (sieved tomatoes)
200 ml (7 fl oz) 3/4 cup white wine
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
40 g (1 1/2 oz) butter, melted
2 garlic cloves, crushed
8 slices white bread
100 g (3 1/2 oz) mixed mushrooms (such as button, oyster and ceps)
40 g (1/4 oz) black olives, chopped
1 tsp sugar fresh basil, to garnish
1. Using a sharp knife, remove the bone from each of the chicken pieces.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan (skillet). Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 4-5 minutes, turning occassionally, or until browned all over.
3. Add the passata (sieved tomatoes), wine and mixed herbs to the frying pan (skillet). Bring to the boil and then leave to simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
4. Mix the melted butter and crushed garlic together. Lightly toast the slices of bread and brush with the garlic butter.
5. Add the remaining oil to a separate frying pan (skillet) and cook the mushrooms for 2 - 3 minutes or until just browned.
6. Add the olives and sugar to the chicken mixture and warm through.
7. Transfer the chicken and sauce to serving plates. Serve with the bruschetta (fried bread) and fried mushrooms.
16 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!