serves 6 - 8
1 kg (2 1bs) ripe plums, halved and stoned
4 - 6 tbsps clear honey, to taste
225 g (8 oz) wholemeal self-raising flour
2 tbsps unrefined soft brown sugar
15 g (1/2 oz) polyunsaturated margarine
140 ml (1/4 pint) low fat natural yoghurt, or 1% fat
fromage frais A little skimmed milk, for glazing
1. Put the plums into an ovenproof dish with the honey Cover the dish with a sheet of aluminium foil and cook in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/ Gas Mark 6, for 15 minutes.
2. Put the flour and sugar into a large mixing bowl and rub in the margarine with your fingertips.
3. Using a round-bladed knife, stir the yoghurt into the flour mixture, until it forms a soft, but firm, dough.
5. Roll the dough out until it is approximately 1.5 cm (3/4 inch) thick. Cut out rounds of dough using a 5 cm (2 inch) cutter, to form the cobbles.
6. Remove the plums from the oven and leave to cool.
7. Arrange the cobbles around the edge of the dish, overlapping them slightly Brush the top of each cobble with a little milk.
8. Return the dish to the oven and cook until the cobbles are well risen and brown.
30 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!