60 g (2 oz) butter or margarine
675 g (1 1/2 lbs) lamb fillet or meat from the leg cut into 5 mm (1/4 inch) slices
2 shallots, finely chopped
45 g (1 1/2 oz) flour
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground allspice
280 ml (1/2 pint) beef stock
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tbsp bottled green peppercorns, rinsed and drained
2 pimentos cut into thin strips
4 tbsps double cream
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a browning dish according to the manufacturer's instructions on HIGH. Melt the butter for 1 minute on HIGH and add the slices of lamb.
2. Cook for 2 minutes on HIGH, in 2 or 3 batches. Remove the meat and set aside.
3. Cook the shallots and flour to brown slightly
4. Add the garlic, allspice, stock and tomato puree. Season with salt and pepper and cook for
2 - 3 minutes on HIGH, until starting to thicken.
5. Add the lamb, cover and cook for 10 minutes on MEDIUM, or until the lamb is tender.
6. Add the peppercorns, pimento and cream and cook for 2 minutes on HIGH. Adjust the seasoning and leave to stand for 2 minutes, covered.