4 fillets of frozen hake
8 rashers bacon
3 tbsp clarified butter
1/2 pint (250 ml) fish stock
1 fl oz (2 cl) rum
5 tbsp mango chutney
2 tbsp thick cut marmalade
dill or lemon balm and lemon pepper for decoration
1. Wash and dry the defrosted hake. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and place the bacon on top. Season with salt and pepper. Roll up the hake fillets and secure with a wooden toothpick.
2. Melt the clarified butter in a frying pan and brown the fish rolls on all sides for approximately 6 minutes. Remove the fish from the frying pan and keep warm.
3. Add the fish stock to the frying pan and pour in the rum. Leave to simmer gently on a low heat for approximately 4 minutes.
4. Bring the stock to the boil and stir in the mango chutney and thick cut marmalade. Season with salt and pepper. Place the fish into the frying pan again. J
5. Arrange the hake on plates and pour the sauce over it. Sprinkle with a bit of lemon pepper and decorate with the lemon balm or the dill. Wild . rice makes a tasty accompaniment to this dish.
23 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!