8 plaice fillets, skinned
salt and pepper
100 g (4 oz) crustless white bread
6 parsley sprigs
100 g (4 oz) peeled prawns
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
1 small onion peeled and quartered
10 cm (4 inch) length of cucumber
25 g (l oz) butter
15 g (1/2 oz) flour
150 ml (1/4 pint) single cream
1. Season the plaice fillets.
2. Break the bread into pieces and place in the processor bowl. Add the parsley, prawns and lemon juice and chop coarsely.
3. Divide the mixture between the plaice fillets and roll up, beginning with the tail end.
4. Place in an ovenproof dish, dot with butter and cover. Bake at 180°C, 350°F, Gas No. 4 for 15-20 minutes.
5. For the sauce, chop the onion and cucumber in the processor and fry in butter for 8 minutes.
6. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute then add the cream. Heat gently. Season. Serve the sauce with the plaice.