6 oz (175 g) redcurrants
4 oz (125 g) skimmed milk cheese (quark)
4 x 5 oz (150 g) chicken breasts, skinned and boned
2 tbsp oil
4 fl oz (120 ml) chicken stock
2 fl oz (60 ml) dry white wine
2 fl oz (60 ml) double cream
1. Mix together 2 oz (50 g) of the redcurrants, skimmed milk cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Make a 1 1/2 inch (3.5 cm) deep horizontal cut in the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Fill each with 1 heaped tbsp of the cheese mixture.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat and quickly brown the chicken breasts on both sides. Pour over the stock and wine and bring to the boil. Cover, and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until tender.
4. Remove the chicken breasts with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Rapidly boil the juices until reduced by two thirds. Stir in the cream and remaining redcurrants and simmer gently for 1 minute.
5. Spoon over the chicken breasts and serve immediately with minted new potatoes.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!