1/2 kg (1 lb) Chicken breasts, boned
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbs Cornflour (cornstarch)
1 Egg white, lightly beaten
75 ml (3 fl oz) 3/8 cup Vegetable oil
225 g (8 oz) 2 cups Shelled walnuts, halved
1 tsp Sugar
1 Tbs Soy sauce
2 Tbs Rice wine or dry sherry
1. Cut the chicken flesh into bite-sized pieces.
2. Mix the salt and cornflour (cornstarch) together, then rub into the chicken pieces.
3. Put the cubes in a bowl and pour over the egg white. Toss gently to coat the cubes thoroughly.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying-pan. Add the chicken cubes and stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cubes to a plate and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan and add the walnuts.
6. Reduce the heat to moderate and stir-fry the walnuts for 1 minute. Return the chicken cubes to the pan and stir-fry for a further 1 minute.
7. Sprinkle over the remaining ingredients and stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a warmed serving dish and serve at once.
14 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!