4 X 1 in (2.5 cm) thick shark steaks, trimmed Wedges of lemon
for the marinade
4 tablespoons good olive oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 in (2.5cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Dash of hot chilli sauce to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil for basting
1. It is best to use a food processor or blender to prepare the marinade. Simply place all the ingredients in the bowl and whizz until you have a smooth paste.
2. Alternatively, grate the ginger very finely and crush the chopped garlic before adding to the remaining ingredients and mixing well.
3. Wash the steaks, pat them dry and smother them with the marinade.
4. Leave in a glass or china bowl for 1-2 hours.
5. When you are ready to cook, light the grill and get it good and hot, or prepare the barbecue fire.
6. Oil the grill rack, brush one side of each steak with a little olive oil, place this side down on the rack and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
7. Brush with a little more oil and, using spatulas, turn each steak and cook fora further 2 or 3 minutes by which time the steak should be coloured with bubbling blisters of pale gold.
8. Serve immediately with wedges of lemon.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!