serves 4 - 6
Shortcrust pastry dough 175 g (6 oz)
for the filling
125 g (4 oz) 2/3 cup Brown sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground ginger
1/4 tsp Ground cloves
700 g (1 1/2 lb) Canned pureed pumpkin
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 1/4 cups Single (light) cream
1. Preheat the oven to fairly hot 190°C (Gas Mark 5, 375°F).
2. Roll out the dough to about 1/2 cm (1/4 in) thick and use to line a 23 cm (9 in) pie dish. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a bowl. Put the pureed pumpkin in another bowl and gradually beat in the eggs.
4. Stir in the sugar mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
5. Pour into the flan case and put the case on a baking sheet.
6. Put the sheet into the oven and bake the pie for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre of the filling comes out clean.
Serve either hot or cold.
17 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!