200 g (8 oz) macaroni
1 onion, peeled and quartered
4 sticks celery, washed
200 g (8 oz) streaky bacon, derinded and diced
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
25 g (1 oz) plain flour
500 ml (1 pint) milk
salt and pepper
1. Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water for 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, slice the onion and celery, and reserve.
3. Place the streaky bacon in the processor bowl and chop finely.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, celery and bacon together until soft. Stir in flour.
5. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
6. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring until the sauce thickens. Season to taste.
7. Place the macaroni in a serving dish and cover with the bacon sauce.
15 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!