Lubina En Vinagreta Con Alcaparras
400 ml dry white wine
zest from 1 unwaxed lemon, peeled off in wide strips
zest from 1 unwaxed orange, peeled off in wide strips
3 - 4 large shallots or red onions, finely sliced
a handful of parsley stalks
1 kg sea bass fillets (4 - 8, depending on size)
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Working in 2 batches, put 200 ml of the wine and 250 ml cold water in a shallow pan such as a non-stick frying pan. Add half the strips of lemon and orange zest, 1 of the shallots, half the parsley stalks and salt.
2. Add half the sea bass fillets and slowly bring to a gentle simmer, about 5 minutes. As soon as the liquid starts to bubble, take the pan off the heat and leave for 2 minutes.
3. Transfer the fillets to a serving dish and keep them warm, while you repeat with the second batch, using 200 ml wine, 250 ml cold water, the remaining strips of zest, 1 shallot, the remaining parsley and some salt.
4. Meanwhile soak the remaining shallots in the vinegar for about 3 minutes. Drain off the vinegar into a bowl and use to make the dressing. Reserve the soaked shallots.
5. Add the sugar, salt and pepper to the vinegar and whisk in the olive oil, a little at a time. Mix in the shallots, capers and parsley and pour over the fish fillets while they are still hot. Let cool and eat after 1 - 2 hours.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!