1 1/2 lb (750g) clams, soaked and well washed
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
1 chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine or sherry
1. Heat the oil in a wok or heavy frying pan, toss in the spring onions (reserving some of the green parts to use as a garnish), chilli pepper and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
2. Now add the clams and continue stirring over a high heat until they have all opened.
3. Then add the oyster sauce and wine and stir vigorously until all is mixed and heated through.
4. Depending on the size of your wok or pan, you may have to stir fry the clams in two batches.
5. Garnish with the reserved spring onion greens and serve immediately.
18 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!