Bouillon a la Nage is a fish stock used to moisten small lobsters, crayfish and prawns.
makes 150 ml (1/4 pint)
1 1/2 lb (700 g) fish bones and trimmings
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 celery stick, sliced
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 pint (600 ml) cold water
1 bouquet garni
1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) sea salt
1. Wash and dry the fish trimmings and place in a large saucepan.
2. Add the vegetables, water, peppercorns, cloves, bouquet garni and salt.
3. Bring slowly to the boil; skim if necessary. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
4. Strain the stock through a fine sieve into a clean bowl and return to the heat.
5. Bring to the boil and boil hard for 10 minutes or until reduced by about half.
6. Cool quickly and refrigerate for up to days.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!