8 oz (225 g) long grain rice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced
2 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded, chopped
2 oz (50 g) seedless raisins
1 oz (25 g) cashew nuts
2 tbsps chopped parsley
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
8 oz (225 g) cooked lamb, trimmed of all fat and cut into thin strips
1. Cook the rice in boiling, salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the on ion and garlic for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the pepper, tomatoes, raisins, nuts, parsley and spices and stir well to mix.
3. Drain the rice and add to the pan together with the lamb.
4. Season with freshly ground black pepper and stir gently until heated through.
5. Serve immediately with yogurt garnished with fresh coriander or parsley.
38 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!