serves 2 - 3
1 oz (25 g) butter, softened
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
4 fl oz (120 ml) vermouth
2 fl oz (60 ml) fish stock
8 oz (225 g) queen scallops
1/2 lemon, pared rind cut into matchsticks, and juice
2 tbsp natural yogurt
creamed potatoes, sliced lime or lemon and fresh dill
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the garlic, spring onions, and carrots for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the vermouth, fish stock, shellfish, lemon rind and juice.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4 - 5 minutes. Remove scallops and reduce liquid.
4. Stir in the natural yogurt and seasoning and heat through.
5. Serve immediately with creamed potato. Garnish with lime or lemon.